- alaska where you at bitch
- a shit-ton of katherines
- paper-ass towns
- holy fucking shit another will grayson
- fuck you stars
And now we wait until John Green finds this
The worst fifteen minutes of my life. Don’t know what I would have done without John’s support. Thanks, buddy.
John Green is currently #1 on TIME Magazine’s poll for Most Influential People of 2013, having almost twice as many votes as the person at #2.
Nerdfighter Benedict? Or just failed Vulcan?
As far as I can tell, there are eight possibilities here. (I’ve spent a fair bit of time thinking about this.)
1. Benedict Cumberbatch is a hardcore nerdfighter and when Martin Freeman threw up a gang sign, Cumberbatch was like, “I have one of those.”
2. Cumberbatch, who obviously has a relationship with Star Trek, just naturally adapted the Vulcan sign (pulling in the thumbs, turning the palms inward, crossing the arms) in precisely the same way that I happened to adapt the Vulcan sign when I first made the nerdfighter sign in the halcyon days of 2007.
3. One of the interns on set who has gained the trust of Benedict Cumberbatch was like, “If you do your hands like this, the Internet will get really excited.” And so he did.
4. BBC, in their infinite wisdom, staged the entire photo and Cumberbatch was taught the nerdfighter sign (I MEAN LOOK AT THE PERFECTION OF HIS NERDFIGHTER SIGN! He seems so comfortable and confident in it, almost as if it is muscle memory, almost as if he has flashed it to his laptop screen on hundreds of occasions in the past, but I digress) and this photograph was staged to get people psyched for Sherlock, although what tiny segment of nerdfighteria is not already psyched for Sherlock? Also, if this is the case, who is Martin Freeman trying to advertise to? Residents of the West Side?
5. Benedict Cumberbatch has a relative or a friend who is a nerdfighter and so he is passingly familiar with nerdfighteria and liked what he has seen and wanted to make us all very happy.
6. The nerdfighter sign also happens to be the hand sign of some obscure English gang with which I am unfamiliar called like The East London Wanderers or The Slightly Intimidating Liverpudlians or whatever.
7. Nerdfighteria actually figures in the plot of the new season of Sherlock. Perhaps a nerdfighter has been (wrongly no doubt!) accused of a murder.
8. Benedict Cumberbatch was playing some kind of British version of Rock Paper Scissors against two invisible opponents, and he went double scissors (as any smart person would).
look what i made
Thanks to inescapableillusions, I just signed your tumblr dashboard.
I would just like to take a moment to acknowledge the fact that JOHN GREEN is a proud Hufflepuff, and your hate is forevermore irrelevant
“I still think that maybe the “afterlife” is just something we made up to ease the pain of loss, to make our time in the labyrinth bearable. Maybe we are just matter, and matter gets recycled”
Looking for Alaska - John Green"She loved mysteries so much, that she became one."
is that john green
It’s funny cause like if you simply read John Green’s books or just saw his various quotes on tumblr artfully written in the sky he comes across as this extremely emotional and deep guy but then like
People think I’m…deep?!
I’ve shown this to my friends on Facebook who have just read his books and they are so confused
one of the best games on Tumblr: MAKE JOHN GREEN FIND THE THING
I don’t think he’s that attractive
Here’s the full video of President Obama’s fireside hangout with several nice people and me (and eventually my wife Sarah). I asked him about pennies, how ideological rigidity is stymying climate change policy, and then he told my unborn kid not to forget to be awesome.
All of these things really happened. Thanks to the President, whomever prepped him about nerdfighteria, and everyone at YouTube and google+ for making this possible.